Thursday, April 26, 2012

"Wake up Potter, we're going to the ZOO!"

My entire apartment got to hear me repeating that line from Harry Potter for about a whole week before our trip to the Copenhagen Zoo!  Fun fact: for a long time when I was little, my life goal was to be a wildlife biologist and have my own nature show on the Animal Planet, so you can imagine how excited I was.  And no, no explanation as to why I am now a Criminology major.

The Student Activities committee at DIS helped to arrange the trip, subsidizing the cost and providing us with a delicious lunch from ChiliMili.  The zoo has about 3,000 animals, and they're divided into areas corresponding to their native environment.

Meaghan eating lunch

Lions eating lunch

BEARS, oh my!

Elephant!

Penguins, my favorite


CUTEST thing in the world- chimpanzee family; dad was sleeping, mom was hanging out, and baby was jumping on top of dad.  Finally, dad woke up, rubbed his eyes, and nuzzled into mom, who started rubbing his back.  Most precious thing.


What's black and white and NOT red all over?  A non-embarrassed zebra!  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment