Monday, August 1, 2011

Eating my way through the next 19 days...

Considering I hop on a plane destined for Scandinavia in less than three weeks, I think the time has finally come for the start of my blog, yay!  Over the next few months, I hope to have TONS to write about, complete with pictures and maybe even some videos (depending on how tech savvy I become) chronicling my travels around Denmark and Europe and anywhere life takes me.

I'm super excited, but also anxious to leave Stonehill College and my family and friends in a few short weeks.  On the good word of my friends who have gone abroad before, all these feelings are natural, so I'm doing my best to ride out the waves of uncertainty mixed with excitement and not take a second of this for granted!

Anyway, the reason my very first post is called "Eating my way through the next 19 days" is because I will, quite literally, be eating my way through the next 19 days.  Allow me to explain.  This summer, I have been living at school, working in the Admissions office and having an absolute blast with my friends on campus.  One thing many of us had to learn was how to cook for ourselves.  Over the course of the summer, I made a few decent meals, faring better overall than I had expected.  As the summer draws to a close, however, I'm realizing my fatal culinary flaw- in an effort to prepare for the times when I didn't feel like cooking "real food," I stocked up on staples such as Chef Boyardee Ravioli, Ramen Noodles, frozen veggie burgers, and Suddenly Pasta Salad. Today, as I started to consider moving out of my summer housing, I realized that in the interest of space and reducing items to move home to Pennsylvania, I have a lot of eating to do.  The food contents of my room are as follows:


  • 6 frozen veggie burgers
  • 1/2 a bag of frozen tater tots
  • freeze pops
  • half a carton of Ben & Jerry's "Clusterfluff" ice cream (thanks Nicole!)
  • 3 yogurts (2 Chobani, 1 Dannon)
  • Assorted cheeses (I don't even like cheese that much)
  • Pesto
  • Pasta
  • Garlic
  • 6 pack of Ramen Noodles
  • 1 can ravioli
  • Triscuits
  • 2 boxes of cereal
  • 1 serving of applesauce
  • Cheeseits
  • Tortilla chips
  • Salsa
  • Oreos
  • Coffeecakes
  • Dove chocolate
  • Wheat bread
  • Pancake mix
  • Peanut butter
  • Nutella
  • Pretzels
  • Cape Cod chips
And don't worry Mom, I also have:
  • 4 apples
  • 1 clementine
  • half a bag of baby carrots
  • ..and hummus.

...Okay, maybe you can worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment