Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snip snip..

Well, today was the day.  I've been thinking about this for quite a while now.. and with just  3 days until Denmark, it was now or never.


Peace out, 12 inches...


That's right-- just donated 12 inches of my hair.  Pretty excited about this.. shampooing and blow-drying will be 100x easier now.  Hopefully I won't wake up tomorrow, forget I cut all my hair off, and have a panic attack, because for now I'm loving it!!  

It's definitely quite a change, since the last time I drastically cut my hair was sophomore year of high school.  The moment before my stylist took scissors to my ponytail was one of the most anxious of my life, especially since she asks me multiple times if I was sure I wanted to do this.  Afterward, she placed the ponytail in my hands and I was just kind of like "Oh, hey hair.  Two seconds ago you were attached to me head."  It's weird to think about everything my hair has been with me for.. graduating high school, being a tangled mess during my days swimming at work last summer, starting college, etc.  Luckily, I know it will be going to a good cause to people who need it much more than I do, as I feel I tended to use it as a security blanket of sorts.  Symbolically, I can see the loss of 12 inches as a step to ridding myself of any anxiety, fear, or insecurities that are weighing me down as I prepare to study abroad.  Now, I get a fresh start in Copenhagen!  

Talk about getting rid of dead ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment